Fees and Expenses
The program fee covers the health care that you are providing to the patients free of charge.
The program fee covers:
- Local health programs you participate in as an integral member of the local health care team
- All medical supplies and medications to implement the health care programs
- All administrative and technical assistance to implement the health care initiatives
- All professional supervision at the clinical sites
- All in-country ground transportation to clinical sites
- Cultural activities and lectures by local professionals
- Lodging at the Mission House and in the rural communities
- All meals with safe drinking water
- Experienced and professional full time and part time staff
- Laptop computer for use for the program
- All incoming local and international calls
- A personal cell phone for each group
The program fee does not cover:
- Transportation outside of Petén
- One week language school in Antigua (approximately $350.00)
- Airplane transportation to and from the country
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Individualized travel or weekend travel
- Comprehensive medical health and evacuation insurance
4 week International health elective program fee
4 week Subspecialty elective in ophthalmology program fee
Short-term immersion experience program fee
USIHA is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization in the U.S.
Funding for the programs in which individuals participate are funded by the volunteers and the universities the students attend. Our organization does not receive funding from governmental or religious organizations.
All program fees are payable in U.S. dollars.